Thursday 16 January 2014

"Grabbers" Review

Watched this the other night and loved it!  This film has received such great reviews and I've been meaning to watch it for a while but have been putting it off as I usually opt to watch the more serious horror/sci-fi as opposed to comedic versions.  I'm so glad I finally gave it a chance though as it was some serious fun :)

"When an island off the coast of Ireland is invaded by bloodsucking aliens, the heroes discover that getting drunk is the only way to survive. "

All the acting was great.  I really enjoyed Ruth Bradley, she did a bang up job and was one of the most convincing and funny cinematic drunks I've seen in a while :)  The creatures were great and not at all cheesy.  Set on a remote Irish Island there were the usual set of characters, crotchety fishermen, the bartender and sassy wife, local drunken cop with past issues.  It was a bit formulaic that way but with all that Irish charm infused, it works well.  All in all an excellent little creature feature well worth watching. 

Word to the wise, just like "At World's End" a few pints are a necessity!  May I recommend a nice dark Stout ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment