Monday 24 February 2014

Soundtracks!

I'm a sucker for a good soundtrack and score.  I firmly believe it can make or break a film.  I often find myself, after a few drinks on the weekend, searching through my favorite movies to find those epic scenes where music and film match so perfectly it makes you cry.  So I've decided to compile a list of a few of those oh-so-special times :) 
 
This soundtrack is so awesome.  I've obsessed over it in my review for The Woman.  Sean Spillane and Lucky McKee are a match made in heaven! 

JH2 plays during the scene where Papa Cleek first encounters The Woman bathing in the river.  Seriously epic.  Other highlights are Patient Satellite and Distracted.  Great soundtrack.




I think I started sweating a little or maybe crying, (or maybe both) when I first watched this scene in High Tension.  The scene is so intense and the song, New Born by Muse, fits is perfectly. I love Muse and I absolutely love this movie.  Epic combo.










Can't really talk horror soundtracks without mentioning Rob Zombie.  Pussy Liquor is the ultimate stripper song in my opinion and one of the funniest scenes in the movie :)  I mean, Sherry Zombie's ass-less chaps??  Come on...  Also really love the title track as well! 








I couldn't find the specific scene this Grandaddy A.M song is in but it's the grocery store scene.  I love it as it's such a fun and joyful moment in movie!  I love the score for 28 Days Later in general.  The theme song by John Murphy spawned a plethora of copycats.  And with good reason, it's so intense and so perfectly fits the post-apocalyptic mood.






And last but certainly not least, my current obsession, The Battery.  For the last 3 or 4 weekends I always turn this on after a few drinks as the music is so awesome and plays such a big part in the movie, it's almost like watching the coolest music video ever :)  I couldn't find any videos either than this Rock Plaza Central one (which is one of the best scenes in the movie!) but there's s link to the film soundtrack below and you can listen to most of them there.  Aside from the awesome Rock Plaza Central songs, El Cantador's Mammoth seriously makes me cry when I watch the scene it's in.  Much like Grandaddy A.M in 28 Days Later, it's the happy part of an otherwise bleak film.  Also love the contributions from Wise Blood.  Here's the link:
                                                                                    http://www.thebatterymovie.com/music/

So that's it for now.  I didn't get into musical scores so I'll likely post about that in the future.  Recently the score for Byzantium was so beautiful and I love the music in The Divide as well.  Anyways, a topic for later!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment