Wednesday 12 February 2014

American Horror Story: Coven. Rocked.


I, like everyone else, am a huge fan of American Horror Story.  I think it's the most unique thing on tv right now and it just keeps getting better and better every season.  I loved Asylum so much.  They power packed every crazy idea they could into that and I loved the insanity of it but this season was much linear, much more driven and I really got into that. 



And I know it doesn't need to be said but man, Jessica Lang?  She is a life force.  Fiona!  She so rocks.  And that's another reason I loved this season the best, the absolutely incredible line up of female characters!  I mean, what other show on tv right now has such fantastic roles for women?  Older, amazing women?

 

  
Angela Basset left my jaw hanging open every episode along with the amazing Kathy Bates.  I loved the usual cast of characters as well (so happy Frances Conroy had a bigger part in this season, she was utterly charming and my new style icon!) and the addition of Danny Huston.  I also thought the opening title sequence was the best yet!  Very creepy imagery and unnerving.  I love that witchcraft is the new big thing in genre.  Supernatural female empowerment! 

On a side note, I'm also really excited about Jamie Lee Curtis's The Final Girls.  It's ABC Family so I'm sure it won't be anything boundary pushing but I like the idea of it.  It revolves around a group of girls who have, survived to be the "final girl" and are brought together by a mysterious older woman (Curtis) to become some sort of survivor super league of justice.  Cool :)






No comments:

Post a Comment